Host Families in Bristol
Living with a host family offers students the opportunity to experience an array of benefits whilst travelling to the UK.
Host families provide safe learning environments to try out new words, get necessary phrases translated by your host and practice writing key words. You will always be supported in trying to expand your abilities.
Host family’s typically cook meals for their guests in the traditional ways of the country, giving you the chance to try a variety of local cuisines
How do we choose our host families?
All our host families are vetted and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked for under 18 students as safety is paramount to us. We want to be sure that all students are correctly placed so we profile match the requirements of each student with that of the host family. When we visit their homes (prospective and existing) we pay attention to detail. We also ask questions in order to understand family routine and whether they are suitable for providing a host family service.
How does it work?
- The first step to becoming a host family is contacting us via email, social media or calling us.
- A member of our staff will be in touch and explain how the programme works and also arrange a house visit.
- Once your house has been visited and your preferences have been entered into the system, we will send you emails with dates when you can host students. We work on a first come first served basis so make sure you check your emails at least daily!
- Once you have accepted the students, pick up point and arrival times will be confirmed. We will make payments on a weekly basis and if you have any concerns you can call us 24/7!
- The length of the stay will depend on the programme they are participating in. It can be anything from 3 weeks to 6 months. As part of our service, we offer free mentoring. This means that if you have an issue or question, you can contact their mentor at any time.